Thursday, June 07, 2012

Cubetrooper

Hello there,

have you heard of Cubeecraft? I've discovered it through some Star Wars blog - you ought to know I like that franchise if you're following this blog. Anyways. I found this and thought Hey, cool! A cute little stormtrooper that you can build with an A4-b/w-page-printout, scissors and a Stanley knife ^^ I wanna try that! Stormtroopers have always been my favourite SW design.

And so I did. Here's the result:


The scissors are there as a size reference. Cool, huh? No glue needed. Thick paper is recommended. I just printed it on regular paper. And I can also recommend thicker paper ;-) Simply because you'll have an easier time after folding the little parts and trying to put them together. Anyways, hope you got inspired. And don't worry, you don't need to have an interest in Star Wars to enjoy Cubeecraft. They got lots and lots of different designs, take a look at this. And if you don't like the designs of all of those - unlikely as it might be - just take one of them where you like its form and make your own design. Shouldn't be too hard with tools like GIMP or Inkscape. I now have that little cubetrooper watching over my desk. Hehe.

Have fun!

ps: and if you're wondering why I have time for such things on an Thursday: well, today's a public holiday in Austria :-)

No comments: