Monday, January 01, 2007

Oh. Seven.

Heeeello!

First of all: A very happy new year to everyone! 2007, here we go.

I am in the desert now since Dec 20th. Doing twelve hour shifts, we are. Work-Eat-Sleap-Work-etc. My Colleagues are great, helping me and explaining to me a lot, so it's all-right. I am learning a lot (including how to deal with grumpy Asian caterpillar drivers'n'make them move your tools).

New Year's Eve party (in German: Silvester) was, well, simply non-existent. So much for that. End of December was Eid. So the entrance to the eating room was dressed up a bit and full of cake. And on the wall they had written "Happy Eid and New Year 2007" or something like that.

Celebrating Silvester with the few good friends one has is something i kinda missed. Well, my lifestyle now is not orientated on fixed-date-events like birthdays etc. To quote one of my favourite movies "i chose something else." so i have to make the most of the time that i have. When i'm here/there/whereever, i will.

And by the way, the reason why i haven't blogged since i came here is that blogger.com was actually blocked from my internet access here ("Reason: The Websense category "Message Boards and Clubs" is filtered."). I guess it still should be, so i hope this gets online :-)
But i have access to my regular email address, so feel free to mail me - so far i've answered all the mails i got. My contact to life, i.e. the world outside, you know ;)

Keep on celebrating everyone, also a bit for me.

Cheers
CGA
-now working for the company with the Keller-Ei-Punkt. Almost.

ps: favourite English word of the day: binge drinking.

No comments: