Tuesday, March 20, 2007

pics update UAE

Hi friends,

i haven't blogged in some time. Which doesn't mean i had nothing to blog about in the last two weeks. Just the opposite is the case. I'm here in Abu Dhabi, for ten weeks of school from my company. And back to life. Longer blog blabla might follow in the next couple of days, for the more picture-minded people just head on to my pics (link on the right) and go to 2007 / march.
A happy face:

That's in front of our learning center here. It's in the desert inbetween Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Waiting for the taxi to Dubai, last thursday - start of my second weekend here, i.e. my second weekend and third free day since November...
The first ten days here our staff house wasn't ready yet so they unfortunately had to put us into a hotel. This is its lobby. Was a palace before they turned it into a hotel.
The pool of the same hotel. On my first weekend i actually had the chance to try it. And yes, it is warm enough already. During daytime it's like European summer here. During the night one can already stay outside with just a t-shirt (and pants etc, yes...).
So now they've moved us to a staff house in Abu Dhabi. My first company flat, yippiiieee! So, what to do when you enter your furnished flat for the first time? Couch-potatoeing, of course. Even if the TV didn't work then...
We are two persons per flat. This is my flatmate and good friend, and colleague from my location. Born in Macca, he's Sudanese. The white thing is the traditional clothes around here. Haven't bought one. Yet.

The view from the roof of the building. My room is actually on the eight floor (out of twelve). With a nice big window. And some guys in the neighborhood who like to sing from their tower...

Yup, that's me. Back to beer. After more than three months of detox. Detox from life. This was taken on my first weekend here. Was my first beer. Not that good, but well, what the heck. In Dubai, close to fake Venice.
The bat mobile. Or at least that's what i thought when i saw it. Lots of fancy cars in Dubai, obviously.Lunch break place, school. The outside. In the back you can see the fake rig. Will be there soon. So far lots of lectures, yesterday we've started with the practicals, hence i am wearing my blue coverall again.

Writing the Al-Jazeera logo with fire? No idea. That was last weekend, in Buddha Bar in Dubai. The place is a bit posh. But we were there as a group, having fun.
Culture! Well, that's what i thought when i read "Theatre&Arts Centre". Even though this was inside a shopping mall. Emirates Mall to be more precise. The one with the biggest fake skiing thing etc. Why people would like to ski inside is beyond me. Well, everything's fake here, Dubai is Arab Disneyland. But it's cool. They've made something out of their money. Something that's nice to look at.

Too many pics of myself here, but well, it's my blog. More pics, with people, on my pics site.

Cheers
CGA

No comments: