Wednesday, March 28, 2007

You will hydrate...

Good morning everyone,

A couple of words about the international word mixxxx-up. When i was living in Madrid i had a french-speaking couple among my best friends (Swiss&Belgian, actually). That's how i've learned that amongst french-speaking lovebirds they sometimes call each other "Lulu". Which is pretty funny for me. Now here's what i drink to hydrate in Abu-Dhabi:


Ho-ho-ho. You don't know why that might be a funny name for drinking water? Well, i guess you're not from my home country, or of German-speaking origin. Because where i come from "Lulu" is what kids say for "piss". Pretty strange to have that as a name for drinking water :-)


Anyways, so much for that. I'm still enjoying my school here. And i guess most of the people reading this have no idea whatsoever what it is that i am doing around here. Hm. I will leave you with this picture of myself. Taken yesterday, here in school. That's the crane bay. Where we've learned how to programm our tools. In short, you might say our tools are basically some big pipes that help our customers drill their well to whereever they wanna go. You can see some of those 'pipes' in the background. They got lots of electronics and shit inside.

One more thing: i've added a link to the blog of one of my classmates. He's based in a different location, but basically doing the same job. And all his entries about life since he's entered the Emirates for school - well, same situation for me, so enjoy reading.

Cheers,
CGA

No comments: