Monday, November 06, 2006

Casa de tontos/ill in the head

Date: 23.12.2002 22:56 - email originally sent to my old flatmates

Hi everybody!

I wanted to write this email on friday, but i was back in Vienna and there's always beer, you know? But today my parents got a little mad because during my first three days here i was only at home for changing my clothes and sometimes having a shower. So i am staying home tonight. Watching mind-numbing gameshows with them. If it makes them happy... And i also got nice internet here.

However, i just wanted to write to all of you about what happened during my last night in that #~§$ing old flat that we were all living in for some months.
That's why i'm writing in English because that is the most easy language that all of you will understand.
-in case you're not interested in this dumb shit just click on the "erase email" button you should see right now somewhere on this screen-

At first i wanna say that i am not angry at Paco(that's my short form for both of 'em). I feel more like what Cyril has told me one time after he was thrown out, i'm not angry with them, it's just over. And it was really dumb. Everyday at least one of these "one day we'll look back and laugh"-situations.
When Cyril was thrown out i realized that i didn't want to stay there any longer. They still liked me at that moment but one stupid little thing(in their head) and they change their mind and throw me out the next time i go to the toilet and make "too much noise" while i'm shitting. Can't be. I stopped talking to them unless i had to and i especially didn't want to listen to them and all their shitty little ideas of how the world outside their flats should be. And this situations like last week in the morning when Pablo started yelling at Eleni saying things like that she is a person who won't say "Thank you" to her mother when she'll be 30. Just tiny little idiots. You know them.

What happened on thursday:
As most of you know that was Joelle's and my last night at the flat so we decided to invite some friends and just drink some beers together. O.k., the beers were my idea. Not many persons, maybe eleven, anyway, less than fifteen.
We were just talking and stuff in the "comedora" and as Sarah had an exam the next day we went to Eleni's room after midnight. At about half past two we decided to go out to somewhere else, a bar or somethings. We went down the stairs. I took about five steps at one time, more jumping down than walking, o.k., but should've been no problem because they were still awake downstairs.
Or how else could it be that Pablo was coming out of his flat fully dressed? Joelle and i were already downstairs when IT started. Pablo was some where in the staircase screaming as loud as he could. I don't know what he was screaming because it was impossible to understand a fucking word. We, or at least i, decided to go upstairs again to join the others. When he saw me he was kind of focusing on me just screaming. I still couldn't understand very much but sometimes he was repeating that he immediatly wants my keys. I said nothing, i just turned around and went up to my room to pack my things. I did not want to stay at that damn place any longer. And there weren't so many things i had to pack just my bed linen and bathroom stuff i would've used in the morning. It was quiet in my room. I decided some thing: If that little prick yells at me one more time i will simple yell back. Because he thinks he can impress people with his oh-so-loud- voice everytime he can't control his madness any longer in his tiny little world. As Paco refused to learn any other language in their whole life and go through their flat telling people that they are only allowed to speak in Spanish which is their mother tongue i decided i would yell at them just in my mother tongue i.e. (Viennese) German. I didn't intend to. I just went down the stairs fast with my backpack and my suitcase. I didn't even look at them, i just wanted to get out of that place. I guess he was yelling at Eleni or something while i was packing my things. When i was almost at the door he was caching up with me and started to yell really bad things at me which i will not reproduce here.
So i started yelling back. In German. Just telling him that he knows absolutly nothing and he should rather shut up and these fucking rules in his flat are really, really dumb. Yelling at people that loud is also really stupid. I have learned that during my time in the army. But i haven't yelled that loud since i was in the army because i never met any people so idiotic afterwards. Well, until now. Standing there at three o'clock in the morning yelling bullshit and thinking he could impress somebody with that. Anyway, he also repeated that he wanted the keys back immediatly. It told him "no" because i was standing in front of that old metal thing("door") and it was closed and i wanted to get out. O.k., that was one thing i told him in Spanish, but it was important that this tiny little bit of information got into his stinky head. Stinky. It's really ugly if a person who smokes that much is standing in front of you and opens his mouth permanently. But he understood that and told me that he would open it. So i gave him the keys and went out. Without looking back. I could hear that after forcefully shutting the door he reopened it and coming out into the street he was still yelling of what an asshole ("cabron") i am and then what bad persons all the Austrians are blablabla you know them.
Anyway, who cares. So i was there, three o'clock in the morning, sitting on my suitcase in Callao. A german friend was there with me. He had been waiting in front of the door for us to come down. He told me that he thought that they would try to kill someone up there when all that noise started. And that he was really concerned that they would start to beat me up because there wasn't only Pablo next to me, but also two or three teenagers, his sons i guess. Well, at least he's not that dumb. After fifteen minutes or so in Callao we called the others to see if they also had managed to get out of there. They had. So we went for another drink together.
What i forgot in the flat is a little Spanish-German dictionary and three posters. I already told Eric who told me no problem he will get them and keep'em in their room for me. Much to my regret i forgot the posters. They should've been presents for my parents(x-mas) and a friend(her birhtday) here in Vienna. As a friend of me will come to Madrid with me on the 30th and return to Vienna on the 7th of January i hope that he can bring them to Vienna for me.
Ahem, yes this is an information for you, Sarah, because Eric told me that you will be back in Madrid on the 4th or 5th of January. I will try to contact you to get the posters.

As i did pay for every single day until the 20th, not only three o'clock, maybe i will write them a card that they owe me some euros just to annoy them a little. I could just use one of my copies of that vampire Photo of Pablo i made and write in a bubble next to his mouth "quiero quiero mas dinero" or something. If i have the time. I hope i gave a copy of this photo to everyone of you. It was kind of my GoodByePresent to all of you because i really got along well with all of you. I don't know if i woul've stayed that long in that shitty old flat without all you people.

have fun

CGA

ps: If you want to see a nice photo of me, go to http://fsmat.at/~clanz/
The homepage is bullshit, don't care about that, but the photo is nice. We had some fun on that weekend, now that's for sure, re-enacting our favourite scenes from "American Psycho".

No comments: